Growing Pasifika Solutions
Growing Pasifika Solutions is about igniting community collaboration for wellbeing solutions. It’s about coming together and seeing the invisible, all the potential of our Pasifika young people and families. We are building on what we’ve learned about working with young people.
Our vision for this conference is to facilitate solutions that support our young people to unleash their full potential. With eyes wide open to see the possibilities, this is an opportunity to showcase innovative and integrated solutions as a way forward so our Pasifika families can have the best possible health and wellbeing outcomes.
Who is this experience for?
This conference is for anyone working with Pasifika people and their families, particularly in New Zealand’s social sectors, such as:
- mental health and wellbeing
- disability support services
- suicide prevention
- whānau ora
- violence prevention
- justice and corrections
- Pacific research
- child and adolescent health
- public health and health promotion
- education and training
- community workforce development
Growing Pasifika Solutions will:
- bring people together from across sectors – providing a platform for integrating approaches for collective solutions some of the issues our young people and their families face
- validate Pasifika solutions that meet the needs of Pasifika communities
- facilitate relationships across boundaries, between communities, providers, government
- promote technology as an innovative medium to share knowledge
- provide a platform for communities to update on progress “what have we achieved for our Pasifika young people and families since 2016″.
Sign up to our e-news bulletin to get up-to-date information on our programmes.