Futures that Work
The purpose of Le Va’s Futures that Work scholarships and support programme is to grow the capacity and capability of the Pacific mental health and addiction workforce.
Growing the size and skills of the Pasifika workforce takes more than just financial support. It’s also a combination of providing appropriate mentoring, coaching, cultural and pastoral care, as well as support in identifying employment and career pathways.
That’s why the Futures that Work three-step programme has been successful.
- Get your fees paid – The maximum value of the scholarship is variable and paid directly to the tertiary provider.
- Get your study sorted – Le Va’s Teuila mentoring and coaching model helps identify the right support to complete your study on time.
- Get your dream job – we’ll help with planning your career in mental health or addiction.
Applications of our 2022 Futures that Work scholarship open 1 November 2021 and close 1 February 2022, 5pm. An application link will be available when applications open.
- New Zealand resident or permanent resident at the time of application
- Enrolled in a relevant mental health or addiction-related qualification
- Enrolled at an approved NZQA accredited tertiary provider in New Zealand
- Provide evidence of indigenous Pacific descent (passport, birth certificate, reference letter)
- Submit a correctly completed application
Over 13 years, Le Va’s Futures that Work has funded 583 Pasifika students with their tertiary studies. For 2021, Le Va has awarded 133 scholarship recipients covering a range of study areas, including social work, counselling, psychology, mental health and addiction, nursing and allied health.
Congratulations to our scholarship recipients. Through these scholarships and our support programme, Le Va has been able to strategically invest in workforce areas of priority, not only for Pasifika communities, but for New Zealand’s mental healthcare system and services. We are honoured to walk alongside each recipient as they take this career journey.
For more information about our scholarships, please contact: email@example.com