Faiva Ora Community Innovation Fund 2022
International Day of Persons with a Disability (IDPD) was on December 3 and the theme this year is “Fighting for rights in the post-COVID era”, celebrating the challenges, barriers and opportunities for people who live with disabilities, in the context of a global pandemic.
At Le Va, the Faiva Ora Community Innovation Fund was established to support community-based initiatives that enable Pasifika people with disabilities to participate in, and have access to, resources and support that ensure they lead fulfilling lives. We chose to celebrate IDPD this year by announcing six successful initiatives over Zoom. Watch the video to catch our announcement and their reaction.
Congratulations to the following successful applicants:
– Daniel Te’o, Elizabeth Tohu – Taikura Trust
– Dr Taima Fagaloa – Cycle Safe Porirua Trust
– Leoo TJ Taotua – Macmaya Consulting Limited
– Tara Aumalesulu and Sarah Aumalesulu
– Vea Mafile’o – Malosi Pictures