Faiva Ora Community Innovation Fund now open
Le Va is seeking proposals from Pasifika community groups for innovative projects that support Pasifika people with disabilities and align with the Ministry of Health’s Faiva Ora Action Plan.
Specifically, projects with the value of up to $10k that align with one or more of the following Innovation Fund objectives:
- Enhance community development and action by mobilising communities and disabled Pasifika people to lead innovation and take ownership;
- Empower Pasifika disabled people and their families to have a voice;
- Reduce stigma and discrimination of disabilities within Pasifika communities
- Increase access to the right support, including disability support services, and strengthening community and natural supports
- Support Pasifika people with disabilities to participate in their communities
- Enhance the wellbeing of Pasifika people with disabilities
Projects will be prioritised that:
- are led by Pasifika people with disabilities, their families, and/or carer(s)
- focus on meeting the needs of Pasifika young people
- show collaboration with support services and community groups
This funding will be made available in the form of a one-off ‘investment’ of up to $10,000.
Applications close 5pm, 17 January 2018.
Note: When you press the ‘apply now’ button you will go to a different website to complete the application form.
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions and more detailed information is documented in the Faiva Ora Community Innovation Fund application form. If you require support to develop your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.