Access & Choice
Access & Choice is about giving people more access to Primary Mental Health and Addiction services and more options for support within communities.
This is done by improving collaboration between general practices, non-government organisations, and other mental health and addiction services.
The Ministry of Health has contracted Le Va to develop a preliminary set of core skills and knowledge required to successfully deliver Pasifika Primary Mental Health and Addiction (PMHA) Services for clinical and non-clinical workforces.
Access & Choice aims to:
- transform the Pasifika workforce with new skills and competencies
- develop new and emerging workforces
- support leadership and system change across the continuum of need
- empower whānau, individuals and communities to respond to distress and build the foundations for mental wellbeing
- validate Pasifika solutions that meet the needs of Pasifika communities
Fenoga Pule framework
A competency framework for the Pasifika Primary Mental Health and Addiction workforce.
Competency assessment tool
Fenoga Pule has three levels of competency relating to area of practice, role, and experience.
Access & Choice providers
Find Pacific-led providers of Access & Choice around the country on this external website.