Rebuilding Wellbeing Hub
Working together, we can foster protective factors that build the resilience of our Pasifika communities and grow all New Zealanders’ ability to strengthen their responses to distressing times.
Le Va has designed Rebuilding Wellbeing as part of our psychosocial response to COVID-19, and the subsequent recovery phase, in order to provide an opportunity to further pursue the vision of He Ara Oranga: Report of the Government Inquiry into Mental Health and Addiction and the Government’s response.
Rebuilding Wellbeing honours the proverb:
Fofo e le alamea le alamea – the solutions for our issues lie within our own communities.
Rebuilding Wellbeing has been developed based on five focus areas for action, which are to:
• collectively build the social and economic foundations for psychosocial and economic wellbeing
• empower community-led solutions
• equip people to look after their own mental wellbeing
• strengthen mental health and addiction supports in communities
• support specialist mental health and addiction services.
The above focus areas have been translated into two key programmes tailored for our Pasifika community needs.