Le Va Youth Advisory Group
Talofa Lava, Kia Orana, Mālo e lelei, Ni sa bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Malo ni and Kia ora koutou
Le Va’s Youth Advisory Group is a team of young Pasifika ambassadors, thinkers and dreamers who inform and embed the youth voice into Le Va’s research and practices around youth mental health and wellbeing.
**Applications are now open to join our YAG 2023!**
Applications will close 30 December 2022
Le Va is now welcoming applications from young people aged 16-24 years to join our Youth Advisory Group.
- Have your say and be the voice for young Pasifika across Aotearoa
- Influence and inform Le Va’s research and practices around youth mental health & wellbeing
- Make a tangible difference for our Pasifika youth and communities
How our YAG works
Our YAG is a year-long programme, starting February 2023 through to December 2023. We’ll meet approximately 8 times during the year (both in-person and online) for review and feedback of all Le Va for youth practices. Attendance and representation at Le Va wide events may also be necessary.
This is a paid position and all travel expenses for out-of-Auckland applicants will be accommodated for.
What we’re looking for
Youth must be of Pasifika descent, be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, and between 16 to 24 years old, and:
- Be of good character and share similar values to Le Va
- Be willing to learn and positively represent Le Va
- Show an interest in supporting and promoting Pasifika youth wellbeing
- Have a clean criminal record