Growing Pasifika Solutions
The health and safety of our communities, volunteers, employees and supporters is of paramount importance to us. We have made the decision to cancel Le Va’s GPS2020 and we will be redirecting our energy to serving our wider communities. We look forward to making this a bigger and better event in the future.
Navigating our way through this time successfully relies on compassion, understanding and vigilance for those around us as well as ourselves. If you are struggling in these heightened times, check out www.mentalwealth.nz for some tips on how to look after yourself and your mates.
Our team is already working hard to make the next GPS an unforgettable experience with digital innovations that will delight!
Growing Pasifika Solutions is about igniting community collaboration for wellbeing solutions. It’s about coming together and seeing the invisible, all the potential of our Pasifika young people and families. We are building on what we’ve learned about working with young people.
Our vision for this conference is to facilitate solutions that support our young people to unleash their full potential. With eyes wide open to see the possibilities, this is an opportunity to showcase innovative and integrated solutions as a way forward so our Pasifika families can have the best possible health and wellbeing outcomes.
Who is this digital experience for?
This conference is for anyone working with Pasifika people and their families, particularly in New Zealand’s social sectors, such as:
- mental health and wellbeing
- disability support services
- suicide prevention
- whānau ora
- violence prevention
- justice and corrections
- Pacific research
- child and adolescent health
- public health and health promotion
- education and training
- community workforce development
Growing Pasifika Solutions will:
- bring people together from across sectors – providing a platform for integrating approaches for collective solutions some of the issues our young people and their families face
- validate Pasifika solutions that meet the needs of Pasifika communities
- facilitate relationships across boundaries, between communities, providers, government
- promote technology as an innovative medium to share knowledge
- provide a platform for communities to update on progress “what have we achieved for our Pasifika young people and families since 2016″.
Sign up to our e-news bulletin to get up-to-date information on our programmes.