Growing Pasifika Solutions
The GPS 2020: Growing Pasifika Solutions for Pasifika young people and families conference will take place on 6-8 April 2020 at the Vodafone Events Centre in Manukau, Auckland. Check out our prgramme and line up of amazing speakers.
GPS 2020 is about perfect vision, it’s about coming together and seeing the invisible, all the potential of our Pasifika young people and families. We are building on what we’ve learned about working with young people.
Our vision for this conference is to facilitate solutions that support our young people to unleash their full potential. With eyes wide open to see the possibilities, this is an opportunity to showcase innovative and integrated solutions as a way forward so our Pasifika families can have the best possible health and wellbeing outcomes.
Who is this conference for?
This conference is for anyone working with Pasifika people and their families, particularly in New Zealand’s social sectors, such as:
- mental health and wellbeing
- disability support services
- suicide prevention
- whānau ora
- violence prevention
- justice and corrections
- Pacific research
- child and adolescent health
- public health and health promotion
- education and training
- community workforce development
GPS 2020 will:
- bring people together from across sectors – providing a platform for integrating approaches for collective solutions some of the issues our young people and their families face
- validate Pasifika solutions that meet the needs of Pasifika communities
- facilitate relationships across boundaries, between communities, providers, government
- promote technology as an innovative medium to share knowledge
- provide a platform for communities to update on progress “what have we achieved for our Pasifika young people and families since 2016″.
If you would like to participate or provide resources at the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org