This workshop aims to equip the Access and Choice workforce with the knowledge and skills to recognize and respond to mental health challenges encountered in Pasifika Primary Mental Health and Addiction (PPMHA) services.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Te Whatu Ora have partnered with Le Va to support the Pasifika Access and Choice workforce with foundational training for holistic health and wellbeing. Developing a resilient, diverse, skilled, and sustainable workforce is crucial towards achieving improved outcomes for Pasifika people.
Objectives: Navigating mental health participants will:
- increase their understanding of the role of Access and Choice
- increase their knowledge of holistic wellbeing, depression and anxiety
- gain skills to deliver culturally appropriate psychoeducation on depression and anxiety
- gain skills and strategies to support Pasifika people to enhance their holistic wellbeing
- learn about other community supports and resources.
FREE for those who are eligible
In person – full day training
Is this training for you?
This is a foundational level training for anybody working in a Pasifika Access and Choice role. The training has been developed for individuals who:
- are not formally trained in mental health
- work in non-clinical and/or non-registered frontline roles, such as health coaches, community support workers, and navigators
- work with Pasifika communities in a primary care setting
- support Pasifika people to manage wellbeing, depression and/or anxiety.