Our Upstander workshop equips our Pasifika youth and communities with the skills to take a stand against violence. An upstander is someone who notices a potentially harmful or dangerous situation and does something to make things right. They know what’s happening is wrong and have the courage to step up. To stop violence from happening in our communities, we must stand together against violence. Violence is NOT our culture.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Upstander is a FREE, face to face or online, 2-Hour workshop.
- Understand the difference between an Upstander and Bystander
- Discover how being an Upstander is linked to our Pasifika values
- Learn about the steps involved in upstanding
- Equip yourself with a variety of tools to upstand
Is this training for you?
Is this workshop for you?
The Upstander workshop has been specifically developed to meet the needs of our youth in the community who:
- Identify as Pasifika
- Are between the ages of 16-24
- Want to find out about what an Upstander is and how to upstand safely
- Want to find out how upstanding reflects our Pasifika values
- Want to explore why violence is not our culture
If you would like to know more information about the Atu-Mai youth programme or are interested in booking a workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org