FLO Talanoa is a Pasifika suicide prevention education programme intended for Pasifika communities. It is an evidence-informed, culturally safe training designed to be led by the community for the community. Learn more about the risks and warning signs of suicide, how to respond and help build a plan for you, your family and community.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
After a FLO Talanoa training, participants will:
- be better informed of the risk factors, protective factors and warning signs for suicide
- have gained an understanding of how Pasifika cultural beliefs and practices influence our well-being
- know what to do and say if concerned about someone's safety
- know how to access help if required
- have gained the confidence to talk about suicide in a safe way
The FLO Talanoa workshop is recommended for people 18 years and over. In addition, it is not a treatment or support group and some content may cause distress for vulnerable people.
Due to the purpose and content of FLO Talanoa, those of Pasifika heritage will be given first priority in registering for these workshops. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com and our staff will get back to you as soon as possible.